Thursday, July 14, 2011

Things I'm LOVING Thursday

One of my most favorite things that I am absolutely LOVING - my scentsy!  Smells so good in my living room.



Mochadoodle scent taking over my living room now. mm mmm good.

Another thing I'm LOVING - Merge - Watermark's (my church) premarital ministry class.  Brett & I started on Tuesday.  It's a class for serious dating/engaged couples and it offers a biblical perspective of how God intended marriage to be.  I am so so excited about this class and everything we are going to learn.  The first week was just a meet and greet (we have 2 other couples + a married mentor couple at our table - and I already love them.) and a lecture on what the class is going to be about.  Next week is about the roles of husband & wives in marriage and I can hardly wait!

I'm LOVING - movers.  I would not be a happy camper if Brett did not hire them this past weekend.  Well, actually, he used www.moveforfree.com and got free movers. Even better.

I'm LOVING - documentaries.  I have been on a real kick lately.   Maybe because of Netflix live streaming.  Speaking of Netflix, I can't believe they are doubling their price for rental & streaming.  I'm annoyed.  Anyways, back to why I'm loving documentaries - I think it's because I love the real life, human interest, tug at your heart strings effect it has on me.  The most recent one I watched, was an HBO special (the title is a little too much for me - it has to do with what this woman said on the phone when she called the cops) "Every F-ing Day of My Life"  It's about a woman who killed her husband after dealing with 20 years of physical & emotional abuse.  She has 3 sons who also were abused.  She just had enough one day, and her and her oldest son killed him.  They both took a plea deal - the mom got the max, 10 years in prison.  I lost it when those poor sweet little boys, who had to endure abuse from their fathers, also had to lose their mother.  Their heartfelt words at her arraignment brought me to tears.  I just felt so sad that those little boys had to have such a hard life.  I just wanted to help them and somehow take their pain away.

Okay, on a happier note....I'm LOVING - fresh flowers.  Just because.


No comments:

Post a Comment