Monday, July 4, 2011

San Antonio Weekend


Last weekend, we celebrated the marriage of Andrew & Amy in San Antonio.  What a great time!  We made a long weekend out of it and took off work on Friday & Monday.  Brett was a groomsmen, so our 5 hour trek to San Antonio began at 530 a.m. on Friday morning.  We loaded up on coffee, stopped at the Czech stop in West for Kolaches, and rolled in to San Antonio just in time for the Rehearsal at the Wedding Venue.  The Rehearsal Dinner was later that night at Guadalajara Grill in Downtown San Antonio.   


With the Bride & Groom: Amy & Andrew




Brett & Me

One more

With the Bride

The outdooor venue was beautiful - all of Amy's ideas for the reception and ceremony turned out perfect.  
  
Ceremony Site

 Where they tied the knot

Reception Site

Amy & her roommate made these burlap centerpieces.  I love the hot pink Jones Soda in the blue buckets.

Their wedding favors came from Andrew's family who makes their own Apple Butter Spread, Strawberry & Blueberry preserves.  


In between all of the eating and dancing, I forgot to take pictures!  Here are a few I managed to snap before Brett got me on the dance floor, two-stepping to Aaron Watson.

 With Brett's Mom

Brett's Mom & Dad

Cute pic - I unfortunately have my eyes closed

After I caught the bouquet :)

Afterwards, we went to downtown San Antonio and stopped by the Alamo - Brett had never been. 

Then, we did something that I thought I would never do again because I am such a scaredy cat - went to a haunted house!  We went with Ben (another groomsman) and his wife Allison.

We had to get into this elevator to get up to the entrance - I was rethinking agreeing to do this at this point.


It actually turned out to be pretty fun.  Brett led most of the way and I was hooked on to his back screaming.  The scariest part was when we were in a room, completely dark, and then all of a sudden, there were people talking in your ear.  No thanks.  But, we survived and I'm glad I went along.

The rest of the weekend was relaxing.  We got up Sunday morning, coffee in hand, and ventured over to the Alamo to go inside.  It was really interesting to see all of the history - it had been a good decade since I had been inside, and Brett's first time to be inside.  After doing a little exploring, we had lunch on the Riverwalk and drove over to La Cantera (an outdoor shopping area - like Southlake Town Center).  One of my favorite parts of the trip, was hanging out on the patio at the hotel, overlooking the river, just talking.




To finish up the weekend, we ate dinner at Boudro's on the Riverwalk - tableside guac, wine, seafood platter & ribeye - can't complain.  All in all, a great weekend with sweet friends, and a nice little getaway from work & stress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment