Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life Lately

Life has been relatively relaxed lately.  I haven't over packed my week/weekends with way too many activities - and it's been nice.  Sometimes, I don't think I know how to not be busy.  It's almost as if I have to be doing something.  But, I admit, when I have nothing planned - it is nice to just be lazy and do whatever I feel like.  Brett is settling into his new apartment, we have been slowing unpacking and setting up.  

I finally had a reunion with my friends Haylee & Brenna one Sunday afternoon.  Another bad thing about always having plans (weddings, out of town, church, moving, family stuff etc) is that your opportunities to see all your friends decreases.  I am a planner, obviously, but when you have to schedule three weeks in advance to see your friends, that's a little ridiculous.  I wish I could live in the same city as them, and all of us have less crazy/demanding schedules.  We spent the day at the pool.  I needed the sun, I feel like I have only been in the sun a handful of times this summer, unfortunately.  A, I don't have time to go to the pool during the week and B, it is too dang hot outside.  I literally can't breathe when walking to my car in the afternoon.  It's miserable, fall can't come soon enough.  


Last weekend, the Paulk family was in town.  For some reason, I did not use my camera one time.  I'm completely regretting that.  Friday night, we had dinner at Chiloso and then played my favorite trivia game: Bezzerwizzer (spelling?).  Saturday, we celebrated Brooks' (Brett's nephew) 3rd birthday.  Sarah made an amazing rainbow cake - 6 colorful layers of deliciousness.  Brooks' got this awesome truck he can drive around in the backyard - pretty cool gift.  Then, we played bocce (once again, spelling?) ball.  Some game that Brett & I could just not get the hang of.  Each team had to get their ball closest to the "main ball".  Really, every time I threw my ball, it would hit a rough part of the ground and bounce the ball in the opposite direction I intended the ball to go.  Needless to say, I was exhausted Saturday night, and I slept in until 10 on Sunday. TEN A.M!!! I can't even tell you the last time I did that - and I didn't even feel bad about it...not one bit. 

I have officially introduced Brett to my all time favorite show. ever. ever. 

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love this show.  It is a little over the top, but I loved watching every minute of it the six seasons it was on.  I'll admit, I didn't become a full time watcher until the second season.  I have mom to thank for getting me hooked.  Sunday, on our very very lazy day, Brett & I watched a few  ton of episodes.  It was interesting to go back and see things that I didn't catch the first time around because I didn't realize their significance.  I want so badly to tell Brett everything but don't want to ruin it for him.  I have a feeling though, that when it gets to season 3, Brett is going to have enough and tell me how ridiculous the show is and he'll refuse to watch anymore.  I'm hoping that won't happen, if so, I'll be re-hooked and he'll have to finish watching it with me.  I love shows that challenge you and make you think outside the box.  That infamous sound that accompanies the final shot of every episode -


really gets me excited to watch the next episode - and it's kinda hard to not say "oh let's just watch one more."  It's a good thing that I have to go to bed at 10 p.m. to function the next day, or I would be watching non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment