I finally bought a new book to read for the summer. Reading has always been a pastime that I enjoyed, but over the years have done less and less of. I remember going to the library when I was in elementary school and getting 9 or 10 books to read at a time (yes, I was -and still am- a NERD!) I loved Choose Your Own Adventure! (anyone remember those?), Wanted! (by Caroline B. Cooney) and obviously Babysitter's Club (Mary Anne was my favorite) and the Sweet Valley High series. After all these years, I still like the girly books, also known as Chick-Lit. I like that fluffy stuff that gives you a break. When I do pick up a book, it is hard for me to put it down, and I have an overwhelming feeling to know what happens. I'll admit, when it's late at night and I have to go to sleep, I sometimes skip around to see what major things happen so I'm not up wondering. Don't judge. While at Target a few weeks ago, I browsed the book section, and picked up Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger. I enjoyed it - it was a good chick-lit read. One of my favorite parts, was when she talked about another show that I enjoy - Friday Night Lights. She even mentioned Hula Hut in Austin. How cool is that when an author mentions something you can relate too. Most of the book (and other chick lit books alike) always play up the glamorous big city they live in. I love that she wrote about a place that I have actually been to and talked about characters from another great show I like. Tim Riggins.
While the show was still on the air, Haylee, Brenna and I would watch together on Fridays when I was home from grad school for the weekend. There is something about small towns, Texas football, underdogs becoming quaterbacks and Tim Riggins. The show was shot in the Hill Country - around Austin & San Marcos. I am so disappointed that I was never an extra on the show. I loved that Texas State's football stadium (and other places around San Marcos) were locations in the show. Tim Riggins was one of our favorite characters - Haylee loved him so much, she even named her cat after him. No, I'm not kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment