Sunday, April 10, 2011

a much deserved break

This weekend took me back to my childhood.  We spent Saturday at 6 Flags!!  It was nice to take a break from all of the recent responsibility we have had going on.  We rode most of the rides, and don't worry, we got season passes so we can enjoy 6 flags all year long...



Yes, my boyfriend is a dork :)  We went with Neal (Brett's friend from Baytown) & Kristen (Neal's GF).  The first ride we rode was a new one (can't remember the name - but 4 people are in their own cart and the cart spins while you are on the roller coaster.  It was great, until the end when the ride would not stop spinning - all I wanted to do was get off that thing!



Top 3 Favorite Rides
1. Batman
2. Flashback
3. Titan

In all of my summers spent at 6 flags, I have never once rode Mr. Freeze.  For some reason I was absolutely terrified of it.  I don't know if it was because it takes off so fast, the loops, the way it goes straight up at the end - who knows- but I got it in my head that there was no way I was getting on that...until Saturday when Brett insisted that I would be fine...


This is us prior - I was not happy.  As soon as we were locked in, I knew I had made a mistake.  I tried not to let absolute panic set in as Brett sat next to me, trying to get me pumped up.  So instead of having a total meltdown, I closed my eyes and prayed - the whole time.  My eyes were squeezed so tight, and the whole time I could hear Brett having a great time and telling me to open my eyes.  It wasn't going to happen.  I was so thankful when that ride was over.  If Brett gets me on that ride again (doubtful) maybe I'll be able to open my eyes (at least halfway through it).


Unfortunately two of my other fave rides (Shockwave & Judge Roy Scream) were closed.  The new Texas Giant opens in a few weeks.  Apparently the new Giant has the steepest incline of any wooden coaster in the US.  Good thing we got a season pass.



Lines weren't too bad and the heat didn't hit until the afternoon (can't even imagine what it's going to be like in the middle of July)  Afterwards we stopped by my mom's house and hung out with this sweet pup - 

Following the pit stop we headed on to Fort Worth to have dinner with Brett's brother's family - Brock, Sarah & Brooks.  We had a great time with them at Roadhouse before our day was almost over.

Today, we went to church - and I am so thankful for all of the opportunities our church offers.  They have so many ways you can get involved with serving and learning.  They have a training day coming up that offers a class on topics like Heaven: Finding Significance in This Life and Afterwards; Great Question: What About Those Who Have Never Heard the Gospel:; Unveiling the Future: A study on the Book of Revelation; and others.  I don't know how I'm going to pick just one.  

My ladies bible study group is winding down this month.  Our last time together this semester is at the end of April.  We have studied Isaiah this semester.  The verse that I have focused my thoughts on the past few weeks when I've felt anxious or worried: Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal."


1 comment:

  1. Glad to finally see pictures of your dogs! And, you're hilarious about the roller coasters...but 10x more brave than I am, too...

    ReplyDelete