Monday, January 23, 2012

Single Girl's Last Night Out

I'm taking a break from all of the DIY-ing I have been doing the past weekend.  After doing some internet research (pinterest & random wedding & crafting blogs), I have picked the top projects I wanted to tackle to create the wedding I have been envisioning.  Yes, they have been time consuming and at times labor intensive, but all worth it in the end.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as February 11th is seemingly just around the corner.  It is time to kick it into high gear and get these little touches done.  Good or bad, I am a detail oriented person - and I like the little things.  I cannot wait to share about all of the details and the how-tos to making mine and Brett's big day even more special.  Posts to follow after the honeymoon.  For now, some pictures from my bachelorette party last weekend, hosted by the lovely Kimberly Fancher in her home in Spring.  



Hostess with the Mostess - Kimberly.  She made the weekend so special - decorating her house (see on the stairwell), cute bachelorette glasses for the weekend (see in my hand), coordinating the lingerie shower, brunch/dinner plans, and making sure I had a great time.  A good friend from college whom I am so glad we stayed friends after she moved to Houston.

The bachelorette party would not have been a success if these fabulous friends had not made an effort to be there too - many driving from all across the state to be there to celebrate with me.


My sweet cousin Rachel - the closest thing I have had to a sister in my lifetime.  


Brooke - met her Freshman year of college (was that really 7 1/2 years ago??)  We both have a spot in our hearts for Randy Rogers.


Danielle - met her at a crawfish boil in college, were neighbors for 2 years in college and now close in the Dallas metroplex.


Abby - the best roommate I have ever had.  The first time I met her (through Brooke), we were in her Mustang on our way to float the river listening to 'My Humps'. 



Haylee - a friend I found after college who always makes me laugh.  


Brenna - friends since our days at Arlington High - we painted our parking spots junior year right next to each other in 110 degree heat - it was awesome.


Melissa - a neighbor & a friend from college who I had a few talks with at Tap Room over a good burger.


Prior to the lingerie shower.

A limo picked us up after and took us to Houston for dinner & fun.  Another sweet friend met us out -


Kathryn - pledge sister & a neighbor in college.  One morning she skated up to mine & Abby's apartment on rollerskates she forgot to return from a party the night before.


The only group shot we got - minus Abby & Brooke.  Fun singing and dancing at this place.

I am so lucky to have such amazing friends who I have shared many learning experiences with that shaped my life and helped me to become who I am today.  Each girl has been placed in my life for a reason - and I am forever thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment