Monday, January 9, 2012

Life Lately

Does life ever slow down?  The days are never long enough & the time spent with family & friends is always too short.  Here's what has been going on lately -


1.  Christmas!  How in the world I did not take a single picture is beyond me (and actually not acceptable at all).  We spent the weekend down in Baytown with the Paulk family - all the brothers were in town.  Some of my favorite memories are: playing ping pong with the boys (and holding my own!), looking through old pictures of Brett with the family, and Christmas dinner (steak & shrimp!)


2. NYE - This New Year's Eve was absolutely perfect - low key and relaxing.  Maybe I'm just getting old?  Dinner with good friends, Andrew & Amy followed by watching the Countdown show and playing Buzzword (fun game that makes ya think!)






3. Subbing.  I have already taken 2 sub jobs (added a few more to the calendar today too!)  My first sub job was in a Kindergarten classroom and it was great!  I was a little nervous, but it turned out great - I would much rather have kids who want to tell you what they about what their little sister got for Christmas than 12 year olds who will back talk and push the limit.  My second sub job was with my 2nd grade kiddos from last semester - it felt so great being back!  


4. Bridal Portraits - This was a fun day.  It was so great getting all dressed up and putting on my WEDDING DRESS!  Wow! Can't believe it that it is so so close.  I took my pictures out at our venue, and I think we got some good ones, including one on top of a hay bale.  I also created my own bouquet - this DIY thing is a lot more fun than I imagined it would be - it fits me.  Amy had sent me a video on how to create your own rose bouquet - and wa - la! Look at what I created from 2 dozen lavender & cream roses ($8.99/a dozen) from Central Market.


photo.JPG

5. Redecorating - with the official move in date to Brett's apartment looming, it's time to do a little, hmmm, updating the mancave into a more both sex friendly home.  Although the animal heads are still mounted in the living room (one day they will have a home in an office), the subtle feminine touches have slowly crept in.  

Exhibit A:
photo.JPG

A Christmas Gift from Brock, Sarah & Brooks - a lovely home decoration that found a new home above the couch.  

Exhibit B:
photo.JPG
Adorable decorative window, that has yet to find a home.  Picked this up at Canton First Monday.  Any suggestions on the perfect place?

Exhibit C & D
photo.JPG

I was absolutely thrilled to get my dresser in to Brett's apartment.  His dresser was about a fourth of the size of mine, and just would not cut it when it comes to storing both of our clothes.  Even though it does not match Brett's furniture, I don't even care - it will be nice to have some more room.  We carried it up one flight of stairs, and I immediately realized I need to hit the gym - I am a weakling.  This piece is from IKEA, but it is still heavy/I wanted to cry.  Also, after boycotting for several seasons, I hate to admit, I am watching The Bachelor again.  This show is so ridiculous/not real life, but for some reason I'm hooked.  Brett, on the other hand, is watching football in the other room.  Probably for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment