Saturday, October 1, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 1


I have finally found time to blog.  Student teaching 2nd graders & planning a wedding in less than 5 months has left me exhausted, with time left over for checking a few e-mails, eating and sleeping.  I have fallen off of the blogging and pinterest train, but am hoping to make a come back once I figure out how to balance everything.  I have yet to share about our fantastic summer vacation.  We had such an amazing time & are so blessed to have such great friends & family :)  August 31 was my last day at the law firm, so we decided to take a much needed week long vacation.  Friday night, started out with dinner at Twisted Root with Brock, Sarah & Brooks.  Followed by a trip to IKEA for Sarah to pick up a few things.  Saturday morning, we got up bright and early and headed to Montgomery to stay with Abby & Kevin.  The boys went and played golf that afternoon while Abby & I went to a wine bar in downtown Montgomery.  We had dinner at an authentic mexican food placed, followed by two-stepping at a local dive bar.  The guy singing, looked & sounded like Darius Rucker - Abby asked him to play some Randy Rogers - but he declined.


Abby & I - notice our alma mater in the background - Eat 'Em Up Cats!




 Abby & Kevin


Just doing a little dancin'! 

The next day, we traveled right down the road to Spring. We went and had lunch with Kim & Brandon and visited with them for a few hours.  Our time was too short, but I'm glad we were able to stop.  Then, we drove to The Woodlands and spent the night with Brett's friend from college, Ben & his wife Allison.  I don't know why we didn't take any pictures!  We grilled out, watched some football, and played some games!  The next morning, the boys went and played golf, while Allison and I got some Starbucks and went to see  The Help.  Which I recommend!  I like movies that are historical and give a glimpse into how life was really like in a certain time period.  After lunch with the Brockmans, we headed to Baytown to spend time with Brett's family & friends.  We started out the night at Monument Inn eating dinner with the family, followed by visiting a couple of Brett's friends from high school. 

To be continued...







No comments:

Post a Comment