Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Proposal

Well, it's official! Brett & I are ENGAGED!!! We are so happy & I am still on Cloud 9.  I am so excited to finally write this blog - to tell how it all happened.  We had taken a week long vacation.  I was in-between jobs and Brett took the week off.  The first three days we went to Houston and then Tuesday drove to Lake Travis.  (more about the vacation at a later time - let's get to the most important event of the trip!) Thursday rolled around - the usual morning routine consisted of drinking coffee on the porch, playing catchphrase (which the girls won almost every round, by the way) and just hanging out.  After much convincing, Britain & I packed lunch for us and the boys for a picnic outside, followed by hiking.  Then we went down to this little park with access to the Lake.  Lake Travis is WAY low - so we pretty much had the truck in the lake bed.  We swam for a little bit, and by swam I really mean I stayed in my floatie because I'm not too fond of lake water (not being able to see the fish swimming around me).  Then we played washers and listened to music.  Next thing I know, while the sun was setting, Brett asked me to go for a walk.  I didn't really think much of it, until Brett was really squeezing my hand, and then it hit me - I knew I was about to be asked a very important question!!!  So we walked a bit, and Brett was telling me super sweet things...I got the nervous giggles - it was so surreal, I could not believe that he was proposing.  I always envisioned myself crying when I got proposed to - nope, giggled with excitement the whole way through.  It was PERFECT!  Dallas & Britain were filming/taking pictures the whole time.  Afterwards, we headed back to the house and called all of our family & friends and shared the good news.  I had a permanent smile on my face that night.



Just going for a little walk




YAY! He asked me to marry him!


I said YES!!!


"She said Yes!!!"




SO HAPPY!



Love of My Life
Engaged on 9.8.11

There is a video also, that will come in the next few days!  Brett & I are super excited and ready for this next chapter.  We can't wait to have all of our family & friends around to celebrate this new life with us.







2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love seeing pictures of the big day. We love you! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog . Too cute ! So happy for yall

    ReplyDelete