As the anniversary of our wedding approaches, I have thought about the moments that stand out in my mind as highlights of our first year as newlyweds. How long are you officially newlyweds by the way? Anyways, here is my recap of the Best of the First Year as Husband & Wife
*Brett getting a new job - after a season of prayer for direction and opening of doors, Brett landed a new job at NYL which in turn, led to the next highlight of the year:
*Starting a new journey and moving to a new city - With the upcoming job change, we needed to find a place to live. After a Saturday spent of apartment shopping, we finally decided on a 2 bedroom in the Spring. Whenever I officially moved into Brett's apartment in Garland, it was wonderful, but it felt like I was moving into his apartment (even though I did my best to add my feminine touches). It was fun to pick out our first home together...a place we could move into together and start the new chapter.
*One of the reasons we chose the apartment in Spring was because of the closeness to the highway. We were still unsure of where I was going to be working and were planning on me subbing wherever until I found a job. Fortunately, some more prayers were answered a short time after we had our apartment. I received a phone call that I got the teaching job in Magnolia. As soon as I called Brett, I could barely tell him the good news because the tears were flowing!
*Sharing my life with a man who is a follower of Christ - hallelujah! Life isn't perfect..but it sure makes it easier to know we have the same foundation of beliefs and we are both striving to love each other like Christ. Although church shopping was a pain, I'm glad we found Faith Bible Church. Joining a small group has also led us to other believers and I am looking forward to see what God has planned for us.
*After months of fighting it, I finally gave in and agreed to getting a dog. Not a puppy, but a dog that was already (hopefully) trained. Boy, did we luck out!! Gibson has been a wonderful addition to our little family. I cannot imagine us not having him, he is such a good companion.
*This first year of teaching has been challenging and exhausting. I am so lucky to have a husband who understands the demands/pressures of my job and 100% stepped up at home to help me feel more relaxed. So many meals have been cooked for me this past year. So many times has he cleaned the kitchen when I could barely keep my eyes open or I was lesson planning and getting ready for the next day. It is so nice to come home to a clean house & a thoughtful hubby.
*And the most recent highlight...signing the papers for our first house to be built :) Expected move in date - June 2013 - on to the next exciting chapter of our life together as husband and wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment