Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Much Needed Update

I can't believe it is already October and I have not posted here for months.  Ridiculous.  This summer flew by, and before I knew it, I was meeting my new students at Meet the Teacher Night!  I don't think I've stopped going since then.  Lesson planning, paperworking and figuring out how to make my classroom run smoothly has been running through my mind.  I am loving my job as a 4th grade teacher and still can't believe that I have my own classroom.  Wow, what a huge blessing!

My favorite part of posting - an update through pictures!

Neal & Kristen's wedding (from May).  One of the prettiest gowns I've ever seen - loved it!


Mr. & Mrs. Paulk :)

For the majority of the summer, I spent time perusing Pinterest and crafting.  My crafting time has dwindled but I am looking forward to Christmas break to pick it back up.  When we moved to Spring, I knew I wanted to make our apartment feel like a house, so I had to add some home-y touches.



P for Paulk


The BEST tip I have ever seen on Pinterest.  Hanging pictures on the wall can be a pain.  Trying to make it straight and even, for me, can take so much time.  So, an awesome tip I found - put down wrapping paper (I used the kind that has gridlines on it), arrange the pictures how I wanted and then traced the pictures on to the paper.  Then, I got painters tape, placed it on the back of the frames to find the place where the nails will go to hang the pictures - mark accordingly.


Then, put the wrapping paper on the wall and place the hooks/nails and THEN hang up the pictures.... 


The final result!  Much easier than trying to measure on the wall.


One of my favorite parts of our new home - the Baker's Rack.  Full of spices, kitchen tools and dishes.  Love.  Unfortunately, I have not had enough time to cook or bake as much as I would like...Since Fall is officially here - I have big plans to make something pumpkin-y related in the near future....


We have a built in book shelf in our home that is filled with memories from our wedding. Love this wedding shadow box that holds the cake topper and program 


One of my favorite pictures - and the Willow Tree Angels.


Another project not yet complete - my burlap wreath.  I have every intention of finishing it soon - before the end of Fall.



The newest member of our little family - Gibson Paulk!


He is the sweet Golden Retriever that we rescued from an organization in Houston.  He has turned out to be such an amazing and fun dog.  He loves to cuddle, his tennis ball and being everybody's best friend. He has been a good addition to our family.



Mamacita & I on my 26th birthday.  We had brunch at Black Walnut - amazing!




One of the best homemade Red Velvet Cakes I've ever had - Kimberly made it for my birthday :)




Sweet friends celebrating my birthday.





Sweet baby Audrey - the first time meeting our niece.

Brett has taken up a new hobby - bike riding.  While he is off enjoying this Saturday morning riding around The Woodlands,  I am sipping on some coffee and looking forward to relaxing today and taking Gibson out for a walk later.  Planning on posting again soon and not letting school rule my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment