Once our new camera arrived, we started taking many candid photos. Of course, we still have not had time to sit down and figure out how to work the camera in the manual setting (this summer I plan on tackling that project!) All of the pictures from the past few weeks are still in the automatic setting, but I am still pretty impressed with how they look. This morning I downloaded the program that came with the Canon camera - and the CD had 7ish different programs to look at - a little overwhelming!
The first few pictures taken by Brett of me and Holly
Sweet kisses - love that smile on hubby's face :)
Sweet Holly!
Sweet Hubby!
We have not figured out how to capture objects in motion without the blur. I believe Pioneer Woman wrote a blog post about this issue - putting it on the list of things to research this summer.
My model Holly who was more interested in the squirrels outside than posing.
Ever since our honeymoon when I was introduced to Crepes, I have craved them! We have made them twice since we have been back - and they are delicious. I think our Crepes need to be a little bit thinner - but they are delicious none the less! We fill ours with strawberries, blueberries, oats and chocolate (of course!) One morning, I had some mascarpone cheese left over and whipped up a sweet little concoction to fill the crepes with - oh my - it was amazing!
Brett the Crepe Chef
Another random pic of Holly the model
I figured out how to take "Creative" photos in the Automatic setting - one of the choices is the Portrait/close up setting. Holly felt like she was overworked and underpaid, so I had to find some different models who were willing to work under such oppressive conditions.
Look who came running back...
Just hanging out at Mom's on a Saturday afternoon.
The latest temptation in the Paulk Household. One of Brett's favorite things (ice cream) and mine (red velvet cake) COMBINED! There are no words to describe how indulgently good this dessert is.
I'm still loving my KitchenAid mixer - I am quite the baker! Mom requested the Cookies & Cream Cake - recipe can be found at Annie's Eats - this is my new favorite cooking blog. Some of the best looking desserts I have ever seen.
Brett the photographer snappin a few pics!
Two layers of chocolate and cookies n cream - can't go wrong my friends.
The finished project. Please ignore my sad little flowers in the background. They were in need of some TLC. Brett got them for me for Teacher's Appreciation Week - so sweet.
Happy Mother's Day!
Just hangin out.
Best cake ever.
Fun how your pictures get instantly better with a better camera - they're looking good!
ReplyDeleteCheck out the following for DSLR help: http://lifehacker.com/5717451/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-new-camera