Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Pretty Perfect Weekend


This weekend was pretty awesome I must say.  I was honored to be apart of the marriage of two friends, spent some time with Brett's sweet family, played at the beach, and went to a drive-in movie.

Leigh & I have been friends since we met at Gunn Jr. High, through our days as Colts and remained friends during college and beyond.  We have shared many secrets, good laughs (including the time I laughed so hard I accidentally spit my retainer out at her - got to love awkward HS moments) and have been dreaming of meeting Mr. Right/our wedding day (that's what all teenage girls do, right?) since we first started hanging out.  Example: This napkin (Yes, I kept it because I can't throw away sentimental things) Leigh wrote on when we were probably freshman in high school about how to get closer to whoever each of our husbands would be.  This visual aid she made for me almost 10 years ago, is still an image that I think about.  I love this and love her.


May 27, 2011 she married the love of her life.  She was an absolutely beautiful bride.  Leigh & Chris' wedding was perfect.  I think one of the sweetest moments (and one of my favorite moments) was during the ceremony when they washed each other's feet, showing humility and honoring one another.  I love that they love the Lord and that they have Christ as a foundation.  


In the bridal room prior to walking down the aisle.


My sweet boyfriend 


Shannon & I at the reception.


Blair, one of my oldest friends - we were classmates in Mrs. Newhouse's Kindergarten class.  Wow, I just realized we have been friends for twenty years. twenty years. 2-0!!


Bride & Groom and Brett & Me


AHS Girlfriends - Still can't believe we graduated 7 years ago.


Twin Sandwich: Blair & Blake (who was also my prom date)


I wish I had more pictures to share.  I am glad other people were taking pictures during the ceremony.


I was so happy to crawl in my bed around 1:15 that morning.  I was not so happy when my alarm went off at 6:30 a.m.  Brett & I were heading to Baytown for the rest of Memorial Day weekend.  Anyone who knows me, KNOWS that I need my sleep and I am not a morning person (until I get a good 2 cups of coffee in).  Needless to say, I just threw some clothes in a bag and hopped in the car.  I must admit, I am glad we got up early and got to Baytown early. It gave us more time to spend with Brett's parents, grandparents & little brother/Sis-n-law. (and more time to play bezzerwizzer & oodles).

We spent Sunday afternoon at Crystal Beach.  Extremely windy, but we were still able to catch a few waves and play a few games of washers.



FYI that boogie board is from 1992 and it still works.


Dallas, Britain, Me & Brett 


Girls pic


Love this pic.



Brit & Dal


Washers Winners - Obviously.


Granddad playing washers.


Granddad & Muzz - married for 70+ years.



Mushy Kissy Pic.


If this weekend couldn't get any better - to top things off, Brett and I went to a drive in movie theater in Ennis on our way home.  I had never been to one and it was so cool, I really enjoyed it.  We had a little audio box that set on the window - audio was a little scratchy - but it was kinda romantic.
  


Told ya it was the perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment