Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Time & the Livin's Easy!

Well...kinda..This summer time has been fairly busy thus far.  Easy the majority of the time though :) 

Packing...
Is probably one of my least favorite tasks.  Ever.  I have moved 3, 5, 6  too many times I have lost count since I graduated high school.  From San Marcos, to Fort Worth, to Dallas, to Houston...I am ecstatic to say, this will be the last move for awhile.  No more boxes to fill the closets with prized possessions I want out now (i.e. Pottery Barn dinnerware). 

I had big plans of starting early on the packing.  To tackle the big items.  To get it DONE.  But, on the day of moving I was still scrambling to throw things in any box despite my best spent efforts at the beginning of the week.  I did have help along the way in the packing department - a friend came over and helped me pack up the kitchen (the most difficult task in my opinion because of all the extra wrapping to be done when it comes to those fragile items).  Brett & I threw it into high gear the Saturday before and packed up everything else. Move # 1 of 2 Summer 2013 is DONE.  All of our belongings are awaiting us in storage just 2 miles from our new home :)  Move # 2 starts on Monday!

photo.JPG

Professional Development...
was something I was looking forward to prior to signing up but the day of, boy was it hard to get out of bed!  The day before was our endless day of moving so I was exhausted, but it turned out to be a pretty informational workshop.  Nerd alert! As soon as I got in bed that night, I pulled out the book from the workshop and started reading and planning what I'm going to do next year.  Which brings me to my next summer time activity

Planning
The past few days I have been looking at school stuff and making a list of things I want to do for next year...I know, I know, pretty ridiculous.  I'm not saying I'm ready to go back by any means... but it is nice to have time to actually look at/digest information and figure out a plan of how to implement it for next year.  I am very very thankful that I have 2 more months before I officially have to be back on duty.

Pancakes
One huge plus of summer is....sleeping in & cooking breakfast.  One of my absolute favorite breakfast treats is....Chocolate Chip Pancakes!  Oh my, brings me back to my childhood.  

photo.JPG

Brett does not understand the amazingness that is chocolate chip pancakes, so he eats his plain still.  Before the move, the Gibber and I whipped up some flapjacks one morning.
photo.JPG

95% of the time he is a pretty darn good dog.  But let me tell you, this dog has some instincts. He knew something was up between the boxes that took over our entire living room, bedroom, kitchen apartment and the packing up.  He was extremely anxious despite our constant reminders that we would soon be in a house.  I don't think he quite understood me.  The past few days we have been camping out at Ike and Brendas and he has enjoyed the option of going outside, but really, he loves to be around people and prefers to be cuddled up by your feet or running around with Waldo.





No comments:

Post a Comment