Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Burlap Ring Bearer Pillow

After doing some research, I knew I wanted to add another detail to our wedding when it came to the ring bearer pillow.  Of course it would have been easy to pick up a traditional white one, but I wanted to incorporate more burlap into the ceremony.  I looked online at Etsy, and found several cute options.  After looking at the pillows, I decided I could make one myself!  I cut out 2 burlap squares - 8x8 each.  I knew I was going to put stuffing inside, and wasn't sure if the stuffing would start to peek out the burlap, so I decided to fuse muslin cloth to the inside of the burlap.  Then, I hand sew twine to form the pillow.  Easy Peasy.  



Voila! A burlap pillow.  The pillow was missing a little something-something so I decided to add a rosette and some raffia.  I had left over material from my wedding gown, and made a simple rosette, by twisting the fabric and hotglueing it together and onto the burlap pillow.





Turned out exactly what I envisioned.  A nice little detail to add to the wedding.  I'm thinking about making some more pillows and selling them on burlap.  Here lately I have been wanting a sewing machine, and learn how to use it...I think it could come in handy with all these crafty projects I want to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment