Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday's Tidbits

Today, I witnessed the most ridiculous display of road rage on my morning commute.  I was traveling on the George Bush Turnpike, which is normally traffic free - but not this morning.  I was cruising right along at about 20 mph when cars were entering the highway about 3 cars in front of me.  I could see that two cars were having issues getting on - Car 1 had to swerve to get out of the way of Car 2 getting on the highway (Car 1 then swerved into the far left lane, causing two other cars to swerve/slam on their brakes.) Car 1 then swerves back to the middle lane, in front of Car 2.  Man in Car 1 stops in the middle of the highway, parks his car, and runs to the driver side window of Car 2 and pounds on the window and is screaming (profanities, I'm sure), turns around to go back to his car, and then turns back around and starts pounding on the window again! Give me a break.  It just goes to show that you have no idea how crazy people really are.  I will definitely think twice about getting annoyed when people cut me off, or drive to slow or are just not courteous on the road.  I don't want some out of control enraged person stopping on the highway to come beat me up.  Sheesh.

On a better note, tonight Brett & I finished our Merge class.  Eight weeks of intense pre-marital training has come to an end.  Okay, not that intense, but still, a lot of work!  The topics ranged from communication, roles, in-laws, finances, understanding your spouse etc etc.  It was interesting and good points were raised.  Watermark offers a 2 on 2 counseling program where the engaged couple can meet with a mentor couple several times before they get married - we may opt to do that to be able to talk more instead of sharing time with other couples.

I am officially out of my apartment in Addison.  Hallelujah!  I had to deal with a bug issue from May until August.  The bug sprayers came 3 times - and for some reason there were still these inchworms crawling around.  So everyday after work, I would just vacuum them up.  It was sick/annoying, but thank goodness I'm out of that place!  When I moved in, Amy and I painted an accent wall in my living room - the color: wine frost.

Then Friday night, Brett & I painted the wall back to it's drab beige color.  We did touch up tonight because the purple was bleeding through a tad.


  

Brett was so worried I was going to spill paint on him.  I didn't spill any..until I accidentally touched his head with my hand that had paint on it. oops.

Tomorrow is my last day as a paralegal.  Can I get another Hallelujah!? I can't believe that this day has come and I am making the decision to pursue a career that cares & loves for others, will make a difference in a child's life, and give me satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment